Why Block People On Your Facebook Business Page?
Over the weekend, I was asked a question, “Jan, how to I block so-and-so from posting on my Facebook Page”.
Sometimes you simply have an aggressive troll or spammer who’s sole aim in life is to make your life difficult. Maybe you’re like me and have zero tolerance for spam comments on your Page and just whack them into the delete and ban bin.
Before you go block crazy and stop certain people from interacting with you on your Facebook Business Page, do put some thought into it.
3P’s – Positive, Polite, Public
When people complain publicly – on your Fan Page for example, it’s often best to deal with the complaint in public where they complained. By dealing with issues politely and positively in public you minimise the risk that the person will go all out on other platforms where you can’t monitor what is going on and resolve any issues.
Be honest, when people complain publicly there is usually a reason. You may not agree with the reason! Generally speaking, you can resolve issues without resorting to gagging…
I would block the following with no hesitation:
- negative Nancys
- link drop and runners
- persistent grammar and spelling police
- competitors not working with you but trying to steal your audience
- abusive personal comments
Here’s how to block people on your Facebook Business Page
1. Navigate to your Facebook Business Page and click settings in the top menu
2. Click Banned Users in the left side menu
3. Click the Banned Users dropdown box and choose “People Who Like This” or “Pages Who Like This”
4. Scroll and find the person or Page who you want to block
5. Click the gear icon on the right hand side and choose Remove
Blocking or banning a person from your Facebook Page will stop them from interacting with your Page. Your Page is public so they can still see updates if they choose to look for you.
You can also remove spam comments and block people at the same time by following these instructions:
Over to you…
Have you ever needed to block people on your Facebook Business Page? Did it stop the issue?
Don’t forget to “Like” My Local Business Online over on Facebook too 🙂How To Block People On Your Facebook Business Page [Video] by Jan Kearney