As you may know, I’m taking part in this month’s Ultimate Blog Challenge. There’s been a badge doing the round with some of the bloggers – a lovely idea.
I don’t consider myself a “blogger” in the traditional sense, so was very surprised and not to say touched when Nanette Levin passed on a Fabulous Blog Ribbon nomination to me this morning.
It’s made my day and I feel quite guilty and definitely unblogger like that it has taken me all day to fit in writing this post!
There are rules, apparently. They are as follows:
Rules for the Fabulous Blog Award:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
- Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
- Name 5 things that you love.
- Name 5 things you hate.
- Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
Well, no1 – check
It’s 2-4 that really puts me way out of my comfort zone. I talk about internet things and occasionally spiders rather than me…
I’ll play along although it’s probably the hardest blog post I will write!
5 fab moments in no particular order
- The first day of my coaching course at the ICA in Liverpool – walking in a mouse and leaving in a wonder woman outfit (figuratively speaking)
- The day I decided to get off my backside 18 months ago and DO SOMETHING – the birth of MLBO (scary as hell too!)
- The day, almost 16 years ago my daughter asked, “Mum, can I have a pony?” I always wanted a pony… We got her one as an early Christmas present – have you ever tried getting stabling in winter?
- The day my daughter left home the first time at just 16 to live in at the college she wanted to go to, doing the course she wanted to do – despite pressure from various people not to go. Of course it was a sad day too, she’s still my baby…
- Getting a modem – I can’t even remember the exact date, or the original ISP. It was either Compuserve or Demon. The magic of usenet and bulletin boards (there was no www or search engines! Can you imagine that?) Knowledge at your finger tips… and huge per minute phone and ISP bills! I can still feel the excitement I felt when listening to the modem dial in.
5 things I love
- My daughter – she’s brilliant, clever, funny, gorgeous and makes me proud every day
- My old dog, Bud – I can tell him anything!
- Watching world go by, just sitting quietly and observing
- Seeing people try… and then succeed
- The Internet – or more accurately the possibilities and opportunities it presents
5 things I hate
I don’t hate much, hate is such a strong word. I dislike things and lots of things annoy me…
My blog, my rules though, so leaving this one blank. Dwelling on them doesn’t change them and I rant enough on this blog as it is!
5 Deserving Bloggers…
I’ve read many posts on the blog challenge that have inspired me or caused me to think. I love reading blogs from people who don’t just talk the talk but walk the walk too. Special thanks to:
Nanette Levin (and not because she nominated me!) I’ve been reading along on Nanette’s blog through the UBC. She shares her knowledge and hands on experience of copywriting and marketing strategies. She has some real gems in there, it would be a shame to miss them!
Alan Miles caught my eye with the possibly crazy build a profitable business from scratch in 30 days challenge he has set himself. He’s not crazy for setting the challenge, but for blogging about it all in public… during a blog challenge too as if the pressure wasn’t enough. Inspiring, motivating and thought provoking – definitely one to watch (and cheer on!)
Allison Crow. Now I have never commented on Allison’s blog because she uses the Disqus comment system and I refuse to fight with it. Life is too short 🙂 Allison is a coach and her posts are often food for thought and give me a different perspective on things. She also has one of the most visually appealing blogs I have ever seen.
Athena Brady – I know this lovely lady personally and this is her first blog challenge, indeed she has only been blogging a couple of months. Athena is a writer on the path to publishing her first book and she writes about life – the good and the bad. Watching her develop her online skills has been joy.
Business as usual tomorrow (or should I say later today…) In the meantime, do pop over and visit the fabulous blogs above.Officially Fabulous by Jan Kearney