Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses That Won’t Break the Bank
You know your small business needs to be online. The problem is promoting your business online can be confusing and overwhelming.
- Where do you start?
- Do you need to pay for internet advertising?
- Are there alternatives?
The internet is a great tool for promoting your small business and building your brand. The best thing is e-marketing can be effective on a small business budget too.
Many online marketing resources are free to use or require minimal monetary investment. The term free is quite deceptive – you still need to pay with your time!
Start with knowing who your ideal audience is and then which channels you will use to reach them. In other words have an online marketing plan or strategy.
15 Online Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses.
- It goes without saying – have a website
- Have a blog and post regularly
- Submit an online press release
- Contribute articles to your industry or sector related websites
- Make a video (or several!)
- Have a podcast channel
- Submit your site to the online business directories and review sites
- Collect subscriber names and write an email newsletter regularly
- Piggy back on the big names, have an eBay or Amazon store
- Write an ebook
- Publish a report or case study
- Get involved in the social media networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (no you can’t ignore social media for much longer!)
- Take part in conversations on blogs and forums
- Make it easy for people to share your content and bookmark your web pages and blog posts often too
- Have and account on image sites such as Flickr
These are just a few marketing ideas for small businesses to get you started. Ideally, your online marketing mix should use a range of techniques so that you can reach your ideal audience by their preferred method of communication.
Practical Online Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses
Want to know more? Join in on Facebook and take part in the “7 days – 7 ways” ways to promote your business online challenge.
I’d love to see you there! – JanOnline Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses by Jan Kearney