Creating useful content and posting on your local business blog is a great way to build up trust and attract new customers and clients. While many business owners agree in principle, the problem lies in generating enough blog ideas to keep the content flowing.
“I just don’t know what to blog about!”
Here’s 31 blog ideas to kick-start your creative juices
Questions and Answers Blog Ideas
Every business has questions they can answer. It’s perhaps the easiest way to start blogging as the answers show how your products and services can help your prospective customers and clients.
- Ask your customer facing staff to make a note of any questions they receive – answer them in your blog
- Monitor your social feeds for questions and problems. This post started as a comment on the MLBO Facebook page
- Check your blog comments and answer as a new blog post.
- Borrow someone else’s questions. Get ideas from LinkedIn Answers, Yahoo Answers or Quora
- Q&A Bonus Tip – create images of your Q&A’s and share on your social profiles – Facebook, G+, Pinterest and more. Link them back to your blog posts.
Make It Local
- Take photos of events you hold or attend and blog about the event
- Sponsor a local team or charity and blog about their progress
- Interview a regular customer or a supplier
- Follow a product from creation/stock to final sale, create a photo or video blog of the journey
- Post photos of your business through the years and celebrate your success so far
- What’s On in your local area and how will you be getting involved?
- Review other non-competing local products and services that your readers may be interested in.
- Local Bonus Tip – use your images to create a slideshow or video to share on your social networks and embed in your blog post
Get Others Involved
- Create a survey and publish the results
- Ask for photos and videos of your products in action, publish on your blog
- Create a post from favourite testimonials and reviews and thank your customers
- Ask for guest posts from local community members, customers and suppliers
- Share your customers success with your products or services with case studies
- Involvement Bonus Tip – Create an infographic of survey results to embed on your blog and share on your social networks
Reuse and Recycle
- Publish your event presentations and PDF’s on Slideshare and embed on your blog
- Create videos and slideshows from your photos, distribute and embed in your post
- Republish your email newsletters to your blog
- Do a round-up of last months most popular posts, add additional thoughts and ideas
- Recycle Bonus Tip – Use other peoples content (with permission) and add your own spin
What’s Your Opinion?
- Blog about your view on local industry news and events
- Debunk some industry/sector myths
- What does the future hold? Dig out the crystal ball and share your views
Trusted Favourite Blog Ideas
- Share your top tips
- Create “How to” guides for your products
- Create posts tied into the latest holiday, celebration or national days/weeks
- Share your business news and how it benefits your customers
How do you get ideas for your local business blog? How many of the blog ideas above have you used? Share in the comments…