Facebook Graph Search is rolling out to users as we speak. Unfortunately, small businesses simply do not set up Facebook pages so that they can be found easily.
Granted, old Facebook search is worse than useless and most people still have that version. Using Facebook Graph Search for business probably hasn’t even crossed your mind. Graph Search is rolling out now and that gives YOU and your small business a huge advantage if you set your Facebook page up properly.
I switched to Graph Search a couple of weeks ago now. I did a screencast video as I turned the new search on and you can tell I was horrified. I don’t do social search, but then I am not your average web user.
Facebook Graph Search And Local Businesses “Nearby”
Is Your Business Doing It Wrong?
In the last couple of weeks using Facebook Graph Search, several things have become very apparent…
- The number of small businesses still using a profile instead of a page is astronomical – and it is against Facebook terms so they risk losing their profile
- Local businesses not completing their business name and address details, therefore totally missing out to community pages that aren’t even claimed by the business owner
- So many abandoned business pages showing up in search, again because actual active pages aren’t created correctly
The good news is none of these scenarios need apply to your business page.
Now I am not saying create a Facebook page if your target audience isn’t there. Neither am I saying use a Facebook page instead of a website – that would be daft. I am saying if you use Facebook and your target market use Facebook then set your page up correctly and use it as part of your online marketing.
To help you, I’ve put together a workbook you can download today. “5 Steps to Local Business Facebook Success” will help you to:
- Define goals for your Facebook Page
- Discover if your target audience is using Facebook
- Plan your page and discover the options open to you
- Create your page so you will be found “nearby” on mobiles and in Graph Search
- Plan your updates and maintain your page
Oh, and it’s free. Get it at 5 Steps to Local Business Facebook Success
Over to you…
Have you switched to Facebook Graph Search yet? Do you like it? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.Facebook Graph Search For Business - Are You Doing It Wrong? by Jan Kearney