Many small businesses are taking the leap into ecommerce. An online shop is an attractive prospect – make sales while you sleep, wake up flooded with orders…
It doesn’t quite work that way!
Opening up your ecommerce site, slapping on your products with a keyword stuffed description, hoping people somehow find you and then just click buy is a bit of a pipe dream. Whatever platform you use, from Etsy to Amazon or your own website you need to market your products.
Content marketing helps you build your brand, build trust, keep people informed and turn browsers into buyers. Not to mention it gives you something to post that isn’t “buy me now” on social media!
Where to start? This handy infographic by ReferralCandy gives you 24 “Juicy” Tips for Ecommerce Content Marketing.
- Ecommerce Content Marketing Tips from The Pros
- Tips for Ecommerce Contant Marketing from Inbound Marketing Pros
- Why are you doing this?
- Who are you writing for exactly
- Figure Out Your Process As You Go
- Standards of excellence to aim for
- People are busy – you have to reach out
- Measure the effects of your work
- You get better at it!
- Related Posts
Ecommerce Content Marketing Tips from The Pros
Infographic by ReferralCandy – Refer-a-friend Programs for Ecommerce Stores
Tips for Ecommerce Contant Marketing from Inbound Marketing Pros
Why are you doing this?
1. Build a strong relationship with your audience
2. Integrate it as part of a great user experience
Who are you writing for exactly
3. Get to know them
4. Decide what you want them to feel
5. Identify helpful or entertaining topics
6. Figure out interesting content that helps solve their problems
Figure Out Your Process As You Go
7. Don’t pump content, pump out passion
8. Get content creators invested in content creation
9. Start by guest posting
10. Include social proof
11. Write in a two-step process
Standards of excellence to aim for
12. Write in your audience’s language
13. Try long-form writing
14. Use visuals with restraint
15. Break down complex issues and visually demonstrate concepts with infographics
People are busy – you have to reach out
16. Find promotable topics
17. Apply the 5 principles of content promotion
18. Build a fan base
19. Perform email marketing
Measure the effects of your work
20. Observe the hierarchy of metrics
21. Automate a custom report with only the metrics you care about
22. Monitor dwell time
You get better at it!
23. Keep doing it over and over
24. Rework content
Over to you…
What are your favourite ecommerce marketing tips? Do you have any to add?Ecommerce Content Marketing - 24 Expert Tips [Infographic] by Jan Kearney