As Google Local evolves and becomes ever more complicated (and frustrating for many), it’s easy to get stuck in the trap of old style Local SEO. I loved this Whiteboard Friday from SEOMoz with David Mihm.
Google Local Ranking
David Mihm is the creator of the Local Search Ranking Factors survey, which is possibly the nearest thing to the bible of Local SEO. It’s well worth wading through if you plan on ranking locally.
What do you need to rank locally?
- A website with local signals
- Claim your Google Places (Places is changing again as we speak)
- Citations from sources around the web (get started with a list of 20 popular UK sources by completing the boxes below)
- Gather reviews (great templates here from Whitespark)
- Add G+ authorship and start connecting on Google Plus
Simply get in touch – I offer affordable local websites and Google Places listings all optimised and connected up to G+ for you.
Over to you…
What problems do you have with local search? As Google+ is becoming more important, both for local and other rankings, have you set up your profile? Connect with here (say hi and I’ll circle you back!)Evolution of Google Local Algorithm [Video] by Jan Kearney